Work find or continue employement. There are many types

Work or employement visas are available to individuals coming to the U.S. with the sole purpose to find or continue employement. There are many types of employment visas ranging those specifically designed for employees in specific career fields, from specific countires, or transfering to an American branch of their company. Common Types of Work VisasH-1B: The H1-B visa is one of the most common and popular employment-based visas. It is only available to certain individuals who work temporarily in a specialty occupation that requires specialized knowledge and completion of a bachelor’s degree (or its equivalent).H-1B1: H-1B1 visas available only to Chilean and Singaporeans professionals. They are similar to, but can be less restrictive than, the H-1B visa.B-1/B-2/VWP: B visas are given to people who come to the U.S. temporarily, either for business (B-1) or for pleasure (B-2). Citizens of participating countries may enter the U.S. through the Visa Waiver Program (“VWP”) instead of having to obtain a B visa.B-1 in Lieu of H-1B: B-1 in lieu of H-1B is a special subset of the B-1 visa. It allows foreign employees to enter the US to engage in short-term work assignments. E-1/E-2: These visas are given to citizens of countries who have a treaty with the U.S. and who are visiting soley to conduct activities related to trade. They are good for as long as your company is in buiness, and you are considered an employee; they only need to be renewed every 2 years. E-3: E-3 visas are given to Australians professionals and their spouses or children F-1: The F visa is for students who are enrolled in certain authorized educational programs. Select F-1 students may obtain restricted work authorization (“CPT,” “OPT” and “STEM OPT”) during and/or after completion of their program of study.J-1: The J exchange visitor visa is given to interns or trainees, medical researchers, au pairs, or those in a similar field. J-1 visa holders are subject to the “two-year home residency” rule. Under this rule, those who come to the U.S. with a J-1 status cannot become permanent residents in the U.S., change their status in the U.S., or petition for work or family-based visa status until they return to their country of last permanent residence for at least two years cumulatively.L-A/L-1B: An L visa is available to certain intra-company transferees who have been employed abroad continuously for a certain amount of time, and who will be employed by a branch, parent, affiliate, or subsidiary of that same employer that is located in the U.S. The position must be one in a managerial or executive position, or must require specialized knowledge.O-1A/O-1B: The O visa is available only to individuals who qualify having an “extraordinary ability” in the sciences, arts, education, business, athletics, or in the movie or television industry. P: Similar to the O visa, P visas apply to certain individual or team athletes, and members of an entertainment group.R: R visas are granted to religious workers for a temporary stay in the U.S.TN: TN visas are granted to nationals of Canada and Mexico who are entering the U.S. to engage in certain professional occupations.